In order to increase efficiency and effectiveness under its integrated structure, Türk Telekom Group (TTG) announces organizational changes. With the new organization, TTG aims to achieve maximum benefit from the synergies of shared operations at the Assistant General Manager level and strengthen execution, while maintaining its customer centric approach and consumer and corporate customer focus. In addition to increased efficiencies, TTG targets to create additional value to total customer experience via the streamlined operations. Accordingly;
- “Consumer Business Unit CEO, TTNET” position (as per the announcement dated 12.08.2016) and “Corporate Business Unit CEO, TTNET” position are abolished. Meanwhile, CXO positions under Consumer and Corporate Business Units at the previous organization are also abolished.
- “Marketing Assistant General Manager” position is established, reporting directly to CEO, responsible for end to end management of marketing activities for corporate and consumer customers; accordingly, the current Corporate Marketing department, Consumer Marketing department and TV department will report to Hakan Dursun, who is appointed as Marketing Assistant General Manager (under TTNET).
- “Sales and Customer Care Assistant General Manager” position is established, reporting directly to CEO, responsible for management of corporate and consumer sales and customer care activities; accordingly, the current Corporate Sales department, Consumer Sales department, Corporate Customer Care department, and Consumer Customer Care department will report to Ümit Önal who is appointed as Sales and Customer Care Assistant General Manager (under TTNET).
- Finance Assistant General Manager will be responsible for end to end management of financial processes for all business units and functions; and accordingly, Corporate Finance and Consumer Finance departments will report to Kaan Aktan.
- Business Planning Department and Strategy & Business Development Departments are integrated under “Strategy and Business Planning” department. Fırat Yaman Er is appointed as Strategy and Business Planning Assistant General Manager, directly reporting to CEO.
- “Business Support Assistant General Manager” position is established, reporting directly to CEO; and accordingly current Human Resources department, Regulation department and Support Services department will report to Şükrü Kutlu who has been assigned as the Business Support Assistant General Manager.
- Yavuz Yıldırım will continue his current role as “Wholesale Assistant General Manager”.
- “Chief Procurement and Vendor Relations Management Officer” position has been abolished. This position is reorganized at Director level, directly reporting to the CEO.
Mr. Ümit Önal’s last position was Acting CEO and Executive Board Member of Digiturk in 2015-2016, where he was entrusted with company preparation for subsequent acquisition by a new owner (change of control from SDIF).
During his management tenure at Digiturk, he introduced an efficient churn management strategy, focusing on elevating brand reputation with an encompassing engagement strategy. In addition, he handled coordination and relationship management with relevant public authorities, as well as regulatory bodies to ensure successful transfer, including preparation of the management team in readiness for the new shareholder.
After obtaining his Bachelor degree with a major in Advertising and Public Relations Department from Istanbul University, Mr. Önal held various managerial positions in the areas of advertising, production, content/broadcasting/advertisement sales in Turkey’s leading media companies including TGRT and Kanal 7. He has 20+ year expertise in media industry, which gave him a chance to be a part of Turkey’s media transformation.
Later, he joined Turkuvaz Medya Group, initially as the General Manager of ATV and subsequently became the Advertising VP for all brands operating under the Group. Mr. Önal also served as the General Manager of Show TV.
Before joining Digitürk, he assumed the position of General Manager and Chairman of the Board of İpek Media Group.
Mr. Önal has been active in sectoral NGOs throughout his career. He is the former Chairman and current Board Member at TİAK (TV Monitoring and Research Committee) and committee head at TVYD (Association of TV Broadcasters).
He is married with 3 daughters.