After signing a C&MA (Construction and Maintenance Agreement), Türk Telekom International joined the SEA-ME-WE-5 consortium as a full member. The SEA-ME-WE-5 submarine cable system is scheduled for launch at the end of 2016. The system will interconnect 18 nations with 20,000 kilometers of cable across three continents from Asia to Europe.
The Türk Telekom Group, the leading telecommunications and communication technology group in Turkey, celebrated its 175th anniversary with a spectacular reception held in Ankara with the attendance of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
The transfer of the shares of Avea İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş., which were held by the İş Bank Group, to Türk Telekomünikasyon A.Ş., was completed. With the share transfer, Türk Telekom became the sole owner of Avea İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.
Avea İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş., has won the below packages in the IMT Service and Infrastructure Authorization Tender (publicly known as 4.5G Authorization Tender) held by the Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA) on August 26, 2015.
- 2x10 MHz bandwidth in 800 MHz frequency for Euro 380,000,000,
- 2x7.6 MHz bandwidth in 900 MHz frequency for Euro 216,819,184,
- 2x20 MHz bandwidth in 1800 MHz frequency for Euro 310,000,000,
- 2x10 MHz bandwidth in 2600 MHz frequency for Euro 25,858,917,
- 1x15 MHz bandwidth in 2600 MHz frequency for Euro 22,000,000.
As a result of this tender Avea,
- In the 800 MHz frequency, owns the cleanest and the closest package to the 700 MHz frequency, which is an important element for 5G
- In the 900 MHz frequency, moved out of a disadvantageous position
- In the 1800 MHz frequency, has the widest capacity, which is the most important frequency for 4.5G
- Holds 175 MHz of total bandwith.
- Has the highest MHz per user.
Total spectrum fee is Euro 954,678,101.
Türk Telekom Group announced a partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to provide the most advanced cloud computing solutions to Turkish companies. Under this partnership, all enterprises in Turkey, small or large, will be able to access virtual server services provided through the AWS global cloud network.
Türk Telekom Group, Turkey’s leading integrated telecommunications company, joined the Bridge Alliance, the largest mobile alliance of the leading mobile operators in the Asia-Pacific region. The Türk Telekom Group is the first company to represent Turkey within the Bridge Alliance, which has a combined customer base of over 700 million customers.
Türk Telekom Group introduced its first smart phone “TT175”.