Frequently Asked Questions
Türk Telekom shares are traded on Borsa İstanbul (BIST). Stock ticker is TTKOM.
Türk Telekom shares started trading on Borsa İstanbul (BIST) on May 15, 2008.
In line with its vision of enriching the business and lives of its customers and strengthening its position of being Turkey’s leading communication infrastructure and solution provider by doing the best in every field, Türk Telekom defined its strategic goals around two main focus areas in terms of growth and efficiency in core and non- core telco activities.
Türk Telekom, with 179 years of history, is the first integrated telecommunications operator in Turkey. In 2015, Türk Telekomünikasyon A.Ş. adopted a “customeroriented” and integrated structure in order to respond to the rapidly changing communication and technology needs of customers in the most powerful and accurate way, while maintaining the legal entities of TT Mobil İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş. and TTNET A.Ş. intact and adhering to the rules and regulations to which they are subject. Having a wide service network and product range in the fields of individual and corporate services, Türk Telekom unified its mobile, internet, phone and TV products and services under the single “Türk Telekom” brand as of January 2016.
Türk Telekomünikasyon A.Ş., providing PSTN and wholesale broadband services,
directly owns 100% of
- mobile operator TT Mobil İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.,
- retail internet services, IPTV, satellite TV, Web TV, Mobile TV, Smart TV services provider TTNET A.Ş.,
- convergence technologies company Argela Yazılım ve Bilişim Teknolojileri A.Ş.,
- IT solution provider Innova Bilişim Çözümleri A.Ş.,
- online education software company Sebit Eğitim ve Bilgi Teknolojileri A.Ş.,
- call center company AssisTT Rehberlik ve Müşteri Hizmetleri A.Ş.,
- project development and corporate venture capital company TT Ventures Proje Geliştirme A.Ş,
- Electric Supply and Sales Company TTES Elektrik Tedarik Satış A.Ş.,
- wholesale data and capacity service provider Türk Telekom International,
- provider of combined facilities support activities TT Destek Hizmetleri A.Ş.
and indirectly owns 100% of,
- subsidiaries of Türk Telekom International,
- TV Broadcasting and VOD services provider Net Ekran Companies,
- telecommunications devices sales company TT Satış ve Dağıtım Hizmetleri A.Ş and
- payment services company TT Ödeme ve Elektronik Para Hizmetleri A.Ş. and
- counselling services company 11818 Rehberlik ve Müşteri Hizmetleri A.Ş.
Fiscal year of Türk Telekom is the 12-month calendar year (January - December).
Türk Telekom releases its financials every three months in compliance with CMB rules. Please visit Events Calendar for more information.
Türk Telekom has 34,748 employees as of December 2020.
With 15% of its shares publicly held after the IPO carried out on May 15, 2008, Türk Telekomünikasyon A.Ş. (“Türk Telekom”) pays utmost attention for implementing the principles contained in the Corporate Governance Principles published by the Capital Markets Board of Turkey (“CMB”).
Türk Telekom considers sustainability, which it evaluates from a short, medium, and long-term perspective as one of the key elements in generating value for its stakeholders, alongside a strong financial performance. The Company identifies the effects of its activities on sustainability from economic, corporate, environmental, and social angles and determines its policies by considering its stakeholders' expectations.